学海荡舟手机网

主页 > 实用文摘 > 教育文摘_14 > > 详细内容

趣味英语:经典实用句_英语写作指导

    1.a: what do you think of your girlfriend?

  你觉得你女朋友怎么样?

  b: everythings all center except for her temper. when shelosesher temper, theres nothing you can doaboutit.什么都好,就是脾气不太好。当她发脾气时,你简直拿她没办法。

  经典实用句之二a pushover for flattery

  2. that guy is a pushover for flattery. if you want him tohelpyou, all you have to do is polish an .

  那家伙很喜欢受人奉承。如果你想要他帮你,只要拍拍他马屁就行了。

  难点解析:

  a pushover 容易对付的人。直译为“稍微一推就倒下的人”,比喻为容易欺骗、对付的人。

  [尝试一下]

  <1> hes not a pushover. you’ll need real proof toconvincehim.

  <2> dicks a real pushover for blonds.

  答案:

  <1> 他可不是个好对付的人。你要说服他要有真凭实据。

  <2> 迪克一见到金发美女就魂不守舍了。

  经典实用句之三on ones last legs

  a: oh, my god, im on my last legs!

  天哪!我快要崩溃了!

  b: take it easy. worry wont help. youll go nuts if youkeepworrying this way.

  放轻松一点,担心是没有用的。你再这样下去会发疯的。

  难点解析:

  on ones last legs

  此处last指“腿已经不能再动”,亦即“腿的机能已达到最后限度”,引申为精疲力竭、垮台、崩溃等意。

  经典实用句之四-hear through the grapevine

  a: cypher is getting married, do you know that?

  cypher就要结婚了,你知道吗?

  b: that cant be. you must have heard it throughthegrapevine.

  不可能,你一定是道听途说。

  a: no, i got it straight from the horses mouth.

  没有,我是从他本人那边得知的。

  难点解析:

  hear sth. through thegrapevine,考虑一下葡萄藤弯弯曲曲向四面八方伸展的情况,就会了解把他比作道听途说是如何贴切了。

  get it straight from the horses mouth, 这里it指thehorsesage.要知道马的年龄,只要看它的牙就没有错。引申为从本人或可靠来源处得知。